09 July 2008

Music, lemme say something

So here goes, I was talking to Mr. Lotsa Hair, and I told him about this dream I had one day that got me to listen to Hole again. Because in the dream, their song Pretty On the Inside was playing, and I could recognize it at that time, but didn't really remember which song it was. The next day I listened to the album and it was like... There it is. It has become my favorite Hole song, for a few reasons. I think having that dream made me have some sort of special connection to it. Liiiiike... Something TOLD me I should listen to it! Because why the hell else would it be playing? At that time, it'd been forever since I listened to that band. And now I wonder what the fuck was up with THAT, ya know. I LOVE COURTNEY TOO MUCH TO DO THAT TO HER. You know? Fan devotion. No, I don't care if she's a rail who has a bad weave, she is Courtney, she's not there for you to pick apart while you masturbate to Nicole Richie. USE YOUR HEADS. Not your penis ones, either. D:

And then around that time I mentioned Syd Barrett, because he wrote songs that were like damn fairy tales. And that's probably one way I attach myself to his music so damn hard, he had an imagination that makes me happy. Piper at the Gates of Dawn is basically a folklore book, but with sound. There's a song about a gnome, how is that not just fucking awesome? And this has been beaten to death by the rest of Pink Floyd, but Syd was like a kid. Tripping on LSD, yes, but still a kid. That may also be why his music is all simplistic and has so much happy in it. It all has happy feelings, in each song. Even if it's sad, because it was written by Syd. What I would do to just even look at that man in person.

I mean, even before I got Madcap... I cried over his death. And even months after it happened. The day I found out, I was too freaked out to feel anything. What do you feel when one of the members of your most beloved group dies? This surely isn't a Kurt situation either. Syd had just lived a quiet life for the rest of his years, and apparently his death was in his sleep, thank god. I hope he's with his father, I think that's what triggered him to become to far away from everyone. Not that directly, just something that grew, because I think he died when Syd was 15 or so. And now I'm going so off, I don't think anyone will read this.

JUST REMEMBER! Music is a lovely, lovely thing. And show some respect for people like Syd and Courtney who shoke the ground I stand on. :D

No comments: