11 January 2009

Louder Than Love: Why it's better than most things

I was about to make a hot dog and suddenly I thought of Uncovered, off Louder Than Love, Soundgarden's album that is basically an orgasm made into music. Listen, I was convinced to listen to this as my introduction to Soundgarden one night when I was talking to Crunchy. Luckily, for whatever reason, mom bought this on a whim when we went out one day and OH HO, IT WAS THERE FOR THE PICKING.

So at the wonderful age of 12, with my terrible insomnia and new found chronic depression, I listened to this at, I think, 1AM and my mind EXPLODED ALL OVER THE FUCKING PLACE. This was my source of life for a long time, along with Mario Kart and Metalocalypse. Those were good times that I miss like a motherfucker. We lived at the old place, aka the ex I will stalk and think about forever. During that time, it'd rain alot, or get cold, and I had red hair, and was in 7th grade and hated education like you couldn't possibly understand...

This album got me through the day when I was bored, tired, aching, annoyed, upset, and when my eyes were about to pop out of my skull from whatever. My body really doesn't feel good most of the time. But the memories I think of when I listen to this album mean the entire world to me. After this, and today, I am a strong Soundgarden fan and Chris Cornell needs to stop making bad solo albums (minus his first, IT'S GOD, THAT ONE) and get back to his roots for a bit. Also... Ok you know what, I'll say it straight up, REUNITE SOUNDGARDEN FOR A TOUR JESUS GOD ODIN ALLAH BUDDHA UUUUUUUUUUGH.

To get off from the negative for a bit, and to take my mind off that hot mess called Project Revolution, Louder Than Love was just another gateway to understanding what time I was going through, and gave life back to music for me. I'm only almost 15, listening to this takes me back to what seems like centuries. Lots of things changed since then, I miss it alot. For now, I'm gonna pretend to be 12, and everyone can shut it.

No comments: